Software Developer goBalto/Oracle (Oracle Careers)
We at Oracle have set out on a mission to streamline the clinical trial study startup process. Oracle Health Sciences already offers customers the industry’s most advanced cloud solution for clinical trial planning, data collection, trial execution and safety management. goBalto adds the leading industry cloud solution that significantly reduces clinical trial startup time. Together, Oracle and goBalto will provide the most complete end-to-end cloud platform dedicated to unifying action and accelerating results for the Life Sciences industry
goBalto is the industry leader in cloud-based study startup software for the global Life Sciences industry, offering the only complete end-to-end platform for starting clinical trials, from site identification, feasibility assessment and selection through to activation, with comprehensive metrics to track adherence to timelines and budget.
The Principal/Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing SaaS platform and applications in Oracle’s Health Sciences Global Business Unit. This person will work independently and perform at a senior level to help build out our technology platform using technologies like Ruby on Rails, Node.js and Angular.js.
You’ll work with a rock star engineering team that’s passionate about building the first study startup platform of its kind for our pharmaceutical clients. You must be willing to collaborate and help others on the team as necessary, and be a solid team player. This position is an individual contributor (no direct reports). We’re based in the financial district near the Embarcadero.
What you’ll do…
- Advance the state of the art in building SaaS product with Node.js, Ruby on Rails and AngularJS.
- Full stack development on an SaaS enterprise application that’s streamlining workflow processes in an important industry.
- Work with other top-notch engineers, PMs and QA in our downtown San Francisco office (right near the Embarcadero station).
- Operate as a member of the goBalto agile development team.
Skills you have…
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Full-stack development experience with technologies like Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Angular.js
- Strong data modeling and SQL skills.
- Proven experience with unit testing and test frameworks.
- Git or similar distributed SCM tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable expertise and recent experience with the following is a plus:
o Enterprise SaaS architectures
o Service-oriented architectures
o Familiarity with cloud-based deployments
o Queuing and real-time streaming systems
o Reporting and analytics
o Not just Another Social App – we’re building a meaningful product with potential speed the delivery of new medicines to market
o Agile Bones – we promote an agile, test-driven engineering practice that emphasizes team collaboration through pair programming (where appropriate), daily standups, retrospectives, etc.
o Technology You’re Already Passionate About, and Want to Do More With – we’re using technologies such as Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Angular.js, AWS, Cucumber, Capybara, Rspec, and more to build solid, well-tested, and beautiful web applications, and challenge our engineers to learn and do more with them…..Read More>>>