Senior SDK Engineer – Cybersecurity ( AT&T Careers)
We are seeking a software engineer with experience building host-based endpoint agents. The ideal candidate will join a small team of engineers responsible for building AT&T Cybersecurity Endpoint Detection and Response agent capabilities for both our commercial products and Open Threat Exchange community site. This is a highly technical position for someone that is comfortable working on a fast-paced release cycle.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Collaborating with other senior technology leaders to develop architectural roadmaps while providing expertise on the platform architecture.
- Providing expertise on engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions for processes.
- Architecting systems for app lifecycle management, speed, security, and performance.
- Focusing on the developer experience, from app development and workflow, app submission and verification, to app deployment.
- Design, develop, deploy, manage and version AlienVault’s core AlienApp APIs, state-of-the-art web-based tools, and an SDK that will enable internal and 3rd party developers to create and deploy new cyber security applications.
- Working with our Business Development team to vet, train and build 3rd party AlienApps.
- Participate in quality improvement using Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) efforts to ensure that deliverables are secure, scalable and reliable
- Work closely with the CTO/SVP Engineering and Engineering Team Leaders to plan and execute software engineering development cycles in an Agile environment.
- Lead and build strong global software development engineering teams and a strong, positive software engineering culture.
- All other duties and responsibilities and may be assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 8+ years software development and architecture experience
- 5+ years Java experience
- 3+ years SDK development experience (REST, XML, JSON). Candidate should come from operating systems engineering, open source tool development, or similar
- Experience architecting and developing safe, secure and performant API’s
- Excellent software debugging skills and experience
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to excel as part of a geographically diverse team.
- Self-motivated with a passion for problem-solving and an aptitude for customer happiness
- Comfortable with Agile development practices like unit tests, and code reviews.
- Fluency in English required. Spanish a big plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of enterprise security/threat intelligence/threat detection a big plus.
- Experience in Network security is a plus.
- Experience with application security a plus
- Experience using RAML a plus.
WHAT YOU GET:
- A competitive compensation that includes base salary + bonus
- The opportunity to build innovative, scalable technologies with the global leader in unified security management
- Live and work in beautiful Austin, Texas.
So, why consider a position AT&T Cybersecurity?
There are many great reasons to join our team but here are a few that stand out:
- The market opportunity is enormous. There are millions of business around the world that are struggling to adequately protect their IT resources or meet their compliance obligations.
- At AT&T, we already have millions of commercial customers that we provide networking services today and that gives us a significant advantage in how we solve customer’s security problems.
- AT&T Cybersecurity runs as a separate business unit within AT&T. That gives us the reach and resources of a Fortune 9 company with the autonomy to work and deliver like a startup.
- AT&T provides a generous benefits package.
- In addition to selling software directly to end customers, AT&T Cybersecurity uses our own products to deliver managed services so we get a front-row seat in how our products are used……..Read more>>