Full Stack Engineer – Quora Careers
Quora is the best source of human knowledge for everything — from health and entertainment to parenting, technology, and even rocket science. Hundreds of millions of people already use Quora and we want every single person in the world to be on Quora.
Building such a universal product is deeply challenging on at least two fronts:
1. Designing a product that transcends the boundary of cultures and provides a positive experience to everyone
2. Building backend systems that work well at such a massive scale
As a full stack engineer at Quora, you’ll be pursuing both of these challenges every day in a dynamic environment. You will be responsible for end-to-end ownership on various product features – from deciding what features to add, to rapid prototyping, experimentation and all the way to scaling and maintaining them.
- You will identify high impact product features to achieve the product goals and improve the experience of our users.
- You will architect, design, and implement user-facing features end-to-end at a scale with rigorous iteration.
- You will work with Designers, fellow Engineers, and Data Scientists to prototype and implement product features.
- Minimum of 1 year of full-stack engineering experience in the industry.
- Deep understanding of at least one popular server side MVC Framework (e.g Django, Rails, AngularJS etc).
- Ability to empathize with our users and champion for their experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to look at the big picture and think holistically about a complex, network product like Quora.
- Ability to use data and user research to inform product decisions. Experience with A/B testing is a plus.
- Knowledge of backend storage systems like MySQL, HBase, Memcached, Redis, Kafka etc……Read more>>